2. Reasonable Shipping Rates – having reasonable shipping and handling rates make your listings more attractive to buyers. If you can ship an item for free without eating into your profits, it will work even better for you.
3. Accept Online Payments – believe it or not, there are still some people selling online who do not accept online payments. Online payments make life easy for buyers and they are more likely to bid on items where online payments are accepted. This makes life easy for them and for you as you can be paid immediately. PayPal is one of the most widely used forms of payment and they offer both parties protection.
4. A Descriptive Title – the title is an essential part of the listing. It is one way in which your listing is found through searches. It should be concise and include good keywords. Make sure there are no spelling mistakes as it could result in your listing not having as much exposure as it could get.
5. Detailed Item Description – the description can make or break you. You should put in as much relevant information as you can and make sure it is well organized. The more information you provide, the more likely you are to get bids on your item.
Take a look at this post to see the effect of not paying attention to points 4 and 5: The POWER of eBay Misspelt Items
6. Photos – photos say it better than words. Photos in a listing are sure to increase the final sale price. You should take good clear photos and if practical, from a variety of angles.
7. Communication – everyone appreciates good communication. It starts with clearly stating you policies e.g. return policies and any terms and conditions. If you are asked a question by a potential bidder, respond to their queries promptly and if it is a question other people may asked, display the Q & A on the listing.
8. Offer Bundled Packages – combine your products with relevant accessories at a reduced price or as a freebie. Buyers are more likely to bid on your items if they are getting a bonus out of it.
9. Cater to Buyers Worldwide – some sellers only cater to people within their geographical region. If your listings are open to a worldwide audience you will potential have more bidders and a higher sale price.